Klik hier voor nederlands
Are you up for the challenge? #deleukste
On Sunday 18 April 2021, Hilversum was supposed to provide a stage for runners to run a variety of distances. As we all know, the COVID-19 situation is unfortunately not allowing us to organize the run we all know and love. Despite the current restrictions, we still want to give runners the chance to join our run; despite being it not together and not necessarily in Hilversum.
The Hilversum City Run will still be #deleukste (the most fun) because just like in 2020, the HCR will also be held virtually in 2021. From Friday 16 April till Monday 19 April 2021 you have the opportunity to participate in the Virtual Hilversum City Run, in a distance of your choice. From Groningen to Bangkok and from Hilversum to New York: everyone can participate!
This year, we’re proudly introducing the Dudok-route. Dudok is enjoying national fame and a ‘Hilversummer’ we are proud of. These days, Dudok’s legacy can still be found in Hilversum, with his buildings scattered all over town. The Dudok-route allows runners to gaze at some of his greatest creations during the run.
Needless to say, all participants have the option to add the HCR medal to their trophy collection. New this year is that our kid runners also have the option to run 1,5km, in addition to the already existing options being the 5km and 10km runs.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Enrollment window opens February 1st, 2021.
- After applying, you’ll receive a link which you can use to enter the run. You’ll need a code for this, which you’ll receive via e-mail.
- Download the ‘Racemap’ app. In this app, find the ‘Virtuele Hilversum City Run’ event.
- Use the code you’ve received via e-mail to enter the event.
- Start your run.
- Live tracking updates are available during your run.
- Register yourself for the event in the app and make sure to run 1.5KM, 5KM or 10KM between 16 April (10am) and 19 April (12pm) 2021.
- After completion of your run you’ll automatically be included in the ranking, regardless of whether you actually ran or walked.
- Download your digital certificate to memorize your virtual run.
We don’t have a winner, because everyone’s a winner!
The entry fee has been kept at a friendly price of only EUR 4.00. This price ensures that all costs of the event are covered but given the nature of this run, no profit will be made.
If you’ve never run a 5KM or 10KM and you’d like to be fully prepared for the Virtual Hilversum City Run, here’s your chance! Run2Day Hilversum (Louran van Keulen) will provide you with a 12-week schedule to prepare you for your run. The first weekly schedule will be posted on January 31st. A new schedule will be shared every Sunday, which you can download and use for the week ahead. The schedules will focus on both beginners as well as more experienced runners. #deleukste
Extra’s in this edition of the Virtual Hilversum City Run
- Training schedules provided by Run2Day Hilversum
- Virtual Hilversum City Run running shirt (costs EUR 17.50)
- Digital certificate which can be downloaded after completion of your run.
- The one and only Virtual Hilversum City Run medal (delivered at your doorstep for EUR 3.60 or to be picked up at the Run2Day Hilversum store for only EUR 1.60)
- Aftermovie Virtual Hilversum City Run 2021
For creating an awesome aftermovie, we need your help! Feel free to share your photos and videos via email@example.com
We play by the following rules:
- Run by yourself or with one other person
- Choose your own route (e.g. start from your own home)
- Keep a safe distance from each other and live by the COVID-19 guidelines
- Share your result via one of our social media channels and have a chance to win 1 out of 10 starting tickets for the Hilversum City Run in 2022
- Enjoy! #deleukste
In case of any questions or for more information, please check our website or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that everyone enjoys the run! Have your friends, family and colleagues cheer you on by sharing your result via one of our social media channels! #deleukste